Oct 31, 2017
Repeatable Success for Sales Development Reps with Brendan
There is a growing trend for companies to separate business
development from deal closing. We’re talking about two different
people: One person setting up appointments the Sales Development
Reps (SDR) and the other is the closer. In this episode our
guest Brendan Barrett and I walk through the SDR process with
it’s pros and cons. We do some roleplaying in order to show
practical advice for anyone prospecting and trying to set up
What and Why an SDR?
SDR stands for Sales Development Reps – appointment setters,
prospectors and cold callers. Brendon calls the
the Roller to the Closer . This is
different than the traditional inside sales (an order taker).
This is all outbound sales and Business
Development. They are sometimes called Business Development
Reps or BDR.
More efficient for closers, who can be closing deals daily vs
spending time in the office setting up their own meetings.
Downside of SDRs.
- Details get dropped
- Having a process imperative
What Makes For SDR Success?
- Entry level position
- Hungry, coachable, naturally curious
In this section we walked through the SDR process and gave
practical examples for the Listeners.
- Create a relationship
- Use LinkedIn to prospect
- Reach out to sescretary
- Take 2-5 touches to get a meeting
- Create a dialogue (conversation)
- “I’m looking for people who set up your brown bag
- “I saw your post on LinkedIn and I’m curious about it
- Could be set up on Facebook, Messenger, LinkedIn or email
- Always wish somebody a good day, that opens up people
- Prospecting is market research
- Some deals take years, hand off slow deals to marketing to keep
- Laws of attraction applies by showing interest. Create
curiosity, get them to ask you about you
- Be skeptical, don’t assume they are qualified
- Ideally you want them to see the value and self
- Win permission to sell
- Make a phone call about them
- “How was the weekend, what do you have going on this
- If you met at a conference, start there, “what’s your next
conference on your calendar
- Introduction to Closer
- Sounds like we could work with you well but I’m not the right
Take Action Advice
Nice guys win and smarter guys win more!
How To Find Brendan Barrett
Support our Sponsor Bluehost
Sales babble is brought to you by Bluehost. Take your idea
and start your business online. Sales Babblers can start for
- FREE Domain
- Free Site Builders
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- 24×7 support
intro offer and 30-day money-back guarantee
Powering over 2 million websites worldwide
How to Prospect and Generate Leads
Other great episodes on business development. Listen today!
The post Repeatable
Success for Sales Development Reps with Brendan Barrett #188
appeared first on Sales Babble Sales Podcast | Sales
Training | Sales Consulting |Sales Coaching.