Apr 24, 2018
How To Sell With the CRINGE Method #213
Doug has twelve years of successful frontline sales
experience, across three different industries, and two Fortune 500
companies—Automatic Data Processing and Johnson & Johnson. In
January 2016, he opened the doors of groundupSALES, a strategic
selling partner for non-sales professionals, entrepreneurs, and
small business owners.
Purpose of Business To Create and Keep Customers
Doug believes that customers will view you completely different
when you go from selling to helping. Why is this? Doug sights a
number of aspects:
- Mindset shift – people will feel you are looking out after
- Common way to reset your view ask ” Why did you start this
- If you focus on money it will hurt your sales
performance. Yes it’s a paradox, but it’s true
- Businesses pay commissions with the idea that the harder you
work, the more you make. But great sellers work hard for reason
above and beyond short term commissions.
Peter Drucker said ” The purpose of business is to
create and keep your customers”
Furthermore Doug believes:
- True performer able to set aside the “me
- Consider that helping people is a moral obligation for you to
SOLVE their problems.
Doug then shared his CRINGE method. Consider a product service
and solution that you have to cringe to say yes … a whole body
- Customer First – did my customer feel like
they won? If they do, they will come back for more
- Real Problem – are you solving a “real”
problem? Don’t assume problems. Put yourself in their shoes.
- Immense Value- in is the solution. Price is
what you pay, value is what you get. Ways to differentiate: time,
status, ease, money.
- Non-Negotiable – your mindset is complete
belief in your solution. You know your customers are better
- Good Timing – create good timing, improve your
luck, by understanding your customer and they are ready to
- Easy – make it easy to say yes by reducing
Become more conceptual and strategic in your selling. It’s a
quicker route to business success. Too many sellers are tactic
driven when they should be more conceptual in their selling
One tactic to consider is Sales Prevention:
don’t oversell products in your portfolio that may not help your
customers. If they don’t love the product it will hurt your next
sale. Focus on your long game.
How Find Doug Vigliotti
You can find Doug on the internet. Look here!
The Lost Chapter 13
This is the lost chapter to Doug’s book mentioned in the
podcast. Just for Sales Babble listeners!
Here are other past episodes that focus on the selling mindset
beyond the CRINGE method.
How To Sell With the CRINGE Method from Doug Vigliotti #213
appeared first on Sales Babble Sales Podcast | Sales
Training | Sales Consulting |Sales Coaching.